Literature English Teacher
Position may be vacant.
We study and analyze your application and keep you informed when vacancies will be confirmed in February 2021.
“An education of excellence opened onto the world.”
The Shanghai French School, Lycée Français de Shanghai, is a day-care school serving foreign students from 3 to 18 years old (kindergarten
through high school).
We are proud to provide several linguistic programs with a multicultural teaching staff and a high-quality education.
Certified by the French Ministry of education, our school belongs to the world largest network of 522 schools across 139 countries
delivering a single curriculum and an education of excellence recognized worldwide.
It hosts more than 1,600 students on two campuses: one in Qingpu (secondary school from grade 6 through 12) and one in Yangpu
(secondary school from grade 6 through 10).
In the French School of Shanghai, the curriculum is unique as it combines the French curriculum with elements of British and American
curricula. At senior level students follow the American option of the French Baccalaureate.
For the next school year, we are looking for enthusiastic and committed Native Secondary English Teachers.
The Role & Expectations:
• To uphold the School’s Vision, Mission and Core Values
• To teach English in secondary school up to IGCSE and Baccalaureate level (Option Internationale du Baccalaureat)
• To have knowledge and experience of assessment (including using and creating tests) and differentiated instruction
• To plan and teach dynamic, student-centered lessons
• To have experience of IGCSE and A-level/IB Diploma (English Language & Literature) or equivalent. EAL experience will be
• To understand, adopt the French Education system and have a willingness to work with students using English as a second
language or English as a foreign language
• To be able to work as part of a team and to be involved in the wider life of the School and extracurricular activities
• To hold a bachelor’s degree/Master’s degree in English Language and Literature coupled with a teaching qualification or a
bachelor’s in Education specializing in English Language and Literature.
This position is not suitable for TEFL/Celta teachers.
Please note that you will be asked to provide a 3 years’ degree minimum and a valid work certificate from your former employer
along with a minimum of a 2 years’ work experience in order to obtain your work permit.
Given the current chinese legal context (at the end of December 2020), please send us the following informations with your
- Your resume,
- Current address,
- Marital situation (married, unmarried…), and if you have a partner, does he have a professional opportunity in Shanghaï ?
- Family situation: do you have children ?
Please note you must have the following documents:
- An extract from the criminal record,
- The original of your highest diploma,
- The original of your work certificate for at least 2 years of professional experience,
- Your passport should be valid for a minimum of 1 year and contain a minimum of 6 blank pages.
If you live outside of China, you may be asked to quanrantine at your arrival in Shanghaï.
Apply on : https://recrutement.lyceeshanghai.com
Or send an email to email@example.com