CanCham Marketing & Events Intern
The Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai is looking for interns to join our Marketing & Events department and Membership department. Our departments produce content geared towards the Canadian business and expat community in Shanghai, as well as Chinese community members who are interested in or are currently doing business with Canada, including event marketing, content-rich articles, newsletters, press releases, business development, and member recruitment.
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment where they will be given the opportunity to do some supervised, hands on projects, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of marketing, event planning & execution, and account management.
The Canadian Chamber of Commerce is looking for undergraduate or graduate students who are based in Shanghai and can start internship now or soon for a duration of minimum four months. The candidates should have excellent written and verbal skills in both Chinese and English. Furthermore, the candidates should have a good understanding of popular English and Chinese social media platforms in China, such as LinkedIn and Weibo. Experience with WeChat Official Accounts is a bonus. Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is expected.
- Learn deeply about marketing and events planning and execution.
- Develop your professional & interpersonal skills in a booming international business landscape.
- Acquire key business insights & knowledge at various seminars & events.
- Connect with high profile business leaders.
- Work closely with Consulate General of Canadian Shanghai
- CanCham provides recommendation letter and can make job reference to member companies.
- Work in premium facilities, located in the heart of metropolitan sophistication and traditional Shanghai heritage;
- Work in a small team & get the chance to be involved in activities from all Chamber departments.
The Marketing & Events Intern reports directly to the Events Manager and is responsible for:
- Assist in the creation of signage, graphics, email campaigns, online event promotion, articles, etc. in Chinese and English.
- Assist with fulfillment of marketing commitments to Chamber’s Corporate and Government Members.
- Assist with logistics of marketing materials for events.
- Assist with execution of events.
- Perform analysis of marketing and sales data.
- CRM system management.
- Provide support to social media efforts (Both Chinese and English).
- Assist in website management and track IT issues.
- Assisting with pre-event organization; logistic, venue, RSVP management.
- Coordinating with marketing department for promotion of events.
- Assisting on-site event execution, including but not limited to set up, guest management and after event clean up.
- Providing post-event evaluation report.
- Representing CanCham Shanghai at various Canadian and Chinese Government events and exhibitions, and other events.
- Two-way translation between English and Chinese.
- Maintaining up to date event documents.
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for this position.