CanCham Membership Intern
CanCham is now looking for a Membership Intern!
The Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai (CanCham Shanghai) is the organizational representation of the Canadian business community in eastern China. With a large mandate we host events, organize government receptions, put together trade delegations, and provide every-day corporate assistance to member organizations that are navigating their way through the Canada-China economic relationship – be that Canadian corporate expansion to China or Chinese outreach to Canada.
The CanCham Internship program provides Canadian post-secondary students and recent graduates a unique opportunity to grow their professional skills in one of Asia’s fastest growing business hubs. With China being Canada’s second largest trading partner, the Sino-Canadian community in Shanghai is active and fast growing. Gain insight in the area of leadership, project management, communications, marketing, sales, customer service and event management.
Membership Intern Position
- Develop your professional & interpersonal skills in a booming international business landscape;
- Acquire key business insights & knowledge at various seminars & events;
- Connect with high profile business leaders;
- Work in premium facilities, located in the heart of metropolitan sophistication and traditional Shanghai heritage;
- Work in a small team & get the chance to be involved in activities from all Chamber departments.
The Membership Intern reports directly to the Membership Manager and is responsible for:
- Representing CanCham Shanghai at various Canadian and Chinese Government events and exhibitions, and other events
- Implementing and maintaining successful membership services programs so as to ensure member retention and growth
- Record-keeping activities and the coordination of timely receipts of accounts receivables
- Ensure all membership-related documentation as well as databases are kept current
- Assisting in the creation of Chamber events and publications
- Two-way translation between English and Chinese
- Occasional business development initiatives to develop/maintain member relations
- Other Ad-hoc duties include but not limited to: provide general support to CanCham Shanghai events
- A university degree or currently enrolled in University, with a focus on international relations or business related fields
- Fluent English and Chinese Mandarin speaker with strong written and oral skills, French language skills a plus
- Computer literacy with working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database management
- Strong project, organizational and time-management skills, willing to take initiative
- Experience with international social media sites (preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal skills & ability to work independently but also work closely with other team members
- Excellent problem solving skills and capacity to adapt to various situations
- Ability to handle multiple projects, organize work and set priorities
- Ability to embrace tight deadlines, competing priorities, and budget restraints
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com