The CanCham Internship program provides Canadian post-secondary students and recent graduates a unique opportunity to grow their professional skills in one of Asia’s fastest growing business hubs. With China being Canada’s second largest trading partner, the Sino-Canadian community in Shanghai is active and rapidly growing. Join our team to gain insight in the area of leadership, project management, communications, marketing, sales, customer service and event management.
The Marketing Intern reports directly to the Media and Communications Manager and is responsible for:
- Assisting in the creation of signage, graphics, email campaigns, online event promotion, articles, etc. in Chinese and English
- Assisting with fulfillment of marketing commitments to the chamber’s Corporate and Government Members
- Assisting with logistics of marketing materials for events
- Assisting with execution of events
- Performing analysis of marketing and sales data
- Entering contact information into contact management systems
- Providing support to social media efforts (both Chinese and Western)
- Assisting in website management and track IT issues
- Assisting in improving SEO protocols for Chinese search engines
- A university degree or currently enrolled in university, with a focus on Marketing, Sales, Advertising, Computer Science, Information Systems, Language, or other related discipline
- Fluent English and Chinese Mandarin speaker with strong written and oral skills (French language skills a plus)
- Computer literacy with working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database management
- Strong project, organizational and time-management skills, willing to take initiative
- Experience with WordPress and local/foreign social media platforms preferred (WeChat, LinkedIn, Weibo, etc)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Duration minimum of 4 months; full time 9:30-6:00 PM; must be willing to work extra hours when needed to assist events (sometimes during eveningS and weekends).
Send CV to email@example.com. If available, please also include samples of your design porfolio.