The Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai (CanCham Shanghai) is the organizational representation of the Canadian business community in eastern China. With a large mandate we host events, organize government receptions, put together trade delegations, and provide every-day corporate assistance to member organizations that are navigating their way through the Canada-China economic relationship – be that Canadian corporate expansion to China or Chinese outreach to Canada.
The CanCham Internship program provides Canadian post-secondary students and recent graduates a unique opportunity to grow their professional skills in one of Asia’s fastest growing business hubs. With China being Canada’s second largest trading partner, the sino-canadian community in Shanghai is active and fast growing. Gain insight in the area of leadership, project management, communications, marketing, sales, customer service and event management.
- Develop your professional & interpersonal skills in a booming international business landscape;
- Acquire key business insights & knowledge at various seminars & events;
- Connect with high profile business leaders;
- Work in premium facilities, located in the heart of metropolitan sophisticationand traditional Shanghai heritage;
- Work in a small team & get the chance to be involved in activities from all Chamber departments.
The Membership Intern reports directly to the Membership Managers and is responsible for:
- Representing CanCham Shanghai at various Canadian and Chinese Government events and exhibitions, and other events
- Implementing and maintaining successful membership services programs so as to ensure member retention and growth
- Record-keeping activities and the coordination of timely receipts of accounts receivables
- Ensure all membership-related documentation as well as databases are kept current
- Assisting in the creation of Chamber events and publications
- Ad-hoc projects
- Two-way translation between English and Chinese
- Occasional business development initiatives to develop/maintain member relations
Other duties include but aren’t limited to:
- Provide general support to CanCham Shanghai events
- A university degree or currently enrolled in University, with a focus on international relations or business related fields
- Fluent English and Chinese Mandarin speaker with strong written and oral skills, French language skills a plus
- Computer literacy with working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database management
- Strong project, organizational and time-management skills, willing to take initiative
- Experience with international social media sites (preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal skills & ability to work independently but also work closely with other team members
- Excellent problem solving skills and capacity to adapt to various situations
- Ability to handle multiple projects, organize work and set priorities
- Ability to embrace tight deadlines, competing priorities, and budget restraints
Please email email@example.com if you wish to apply for this position.
The Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai is looking for a qualified intern to join our marketing and communications department. Our department produces content geared towards the Canadian business and expat community in Shanghai, as well as Chinese community members who are interested in or do business with Canada, including event marketing, content rich articles, newsletters, and press releases.
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment where they will be given the opportunity to do some supervised, hands on projects, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of marketing and communications.
- Assist in the creation of signage, graphics, email campaigns, online event promotion, articles, etc. in Chinese and English
- Assist with fulfillment of marketing commitments to Chamber’s Corporate and Government Members
- Assist with logistics of marketing materials for events
- Assist with execution of events
- Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
- Enter contact information into contact management systems
- Provide support to social media efforts (Both Chinese and Western)
- Assist in website management and track IT issues
- Assist in improving SEO protocols for Chinese search engines
The Canadian Chamber of Commerce is looking for an undergraduate student who is based in Shanghai during the internship period and is studying in or has spent significant time in Canada. This person should have excellent written and verbal skills in both Chinese and English. Further, this person should have a good understanding of popular Western and Chinese social media platforms in China. Experience with Wechat Official Accounts is a bonus. Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc) is expected.
Marketing, Sales, Advertising, Computer Science, Information Systems, Language
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to apply for this position.