Representing the Canadian forest industry in China, the Canada Wood Group (CWG) in partnership with FII China has been instrumental in the successful first phase of the strategy to introduce wood frame construction to the Chinese market and significantly increase the volume of lumber exported. CWG and FII China will be entering the next phase of their China Strategy to build on opportunities that will further increase the value of the wood exported.
Key to the success of CWG and FII China going forward will be their collective ability to collaborate and work in unison as the China Enterprise, to implement a strategic plan that aligns Canada’s forest industry objectives, targets, and strengths with Chinese government policy and commercial activity.
Purpose of Position:
The Coordinator, Remanufacturing provides support to the Director, Business Development Remanufacturing, assisting in the coordination of all seminars and tradeshow venues and related logistics, facilitating in cross communications, writing and translation services, and general administrative and industry in-market support as required.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Provides support to the Director, Business Development Remanufacturing, jointly representing the members of the Coast Forest Products Association in China and assisting with the market development program delivery for the Coast Forest Products Association and the Western Red Cedar Export Association in China. As an industry presence and resource for Coast Forest members in China, help to ensure that Coast Forest market development activities are coordinated with the activities of other China Enterprise members to maximize program efficiency and results.
Market Development Coordination:
- Provide day to day administrative support to the Director for the effective delivery of Coast Forest promotion programs in China, within approved budgets and timeframes;
- Provide support in the organization of tradeshows, lectures and seminars on Coastal lumber products for designers, builders / contractors, distributors and consumers;
- Respond to enquiries on Coastal wood products including distribution of technical and promotional literature;
- Provide support in gathering and reporting market intelligence on an ongoing basis, including the use of wood products, market trends, developments and opportunities, barriers to trade, etc.;
- Assist in the organization of incoming and outgoing market missions as required;
- Support the management of Coast Forest operations in the Shanghai Canada Wood Group Office including administration, financial management and temporary staffing / contracting needs;
- Provide market support for Coast Forest member companies and their representatives;
- Provide support in reporting on programs and activities to Coast Forest on a monthly and quarterly basis;.
- Perform other duties as directed;
- Travel as necessary within China and overseas
- Attends meetings, takes notes on key points and provides translation when necessary;
- Under direction of the Director, Business Development Remanufacturing, undertakes focused business outreach, prospecting, market segment research and evaluations, and cultivates high potential contacts;
- Requests and arranges meetings, coordinates attendees, handles logistics and equipment as required;
- Participates in use of the Customer Relationship Management System (CRMS) so as to maintain a current and effective client database for the China Enterprise;
- Composes, edits and prepares letters, reports, PowerPoint presentations, corporate reports, material preparations, etc.;
- Prepares materials and handouts for meetings, training programs or events as required and manages materials inventory;
- Provides support in implementation and event management as directed;
- Provides administrative support in the coordination of missions and tours, which may include assisting with the development of itineraries; booking travel; accommodations; organizing tours; dinners and other activities;
- Prepares and monitors budgets, obtains quotes for individual projects and prepares detailed budgets and schedules for business development projects;
- Where appropriate, initiates competitive Requests for Proposals or Requests for Qualifications;
- Receives and coordinates proposals, organizes selection meetings and coordinates with finance & admin for drafting of contract terms;
- Monitors progress to ensure timely delivery of products or services, and may evaluate supplier performance;
- Carries out background research into assigned subjects and reports findings and options;
- Liaises with clients, suppliers and others as appropriate;
- Establishes contacts with appropriate government or industry representatives ensuring communications present the company in a highly professional manner;
- Provides assistance on ad hoc projects as required;
- Assists in maintaining CRMS database of contacts as required;
- Sets up files as required ensuring they are complete and in compliance with corporate policy;
- Other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of an undergraduate degree or professional certificate in a related field plus 5 years’ experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience managing sensitive issues with tact, diplomacy and good judgment;
- Experience in marketing, communications or event management
- Previous experience working in building development or construction industry an asset;
- Experience in project management would be an asset;
- Experience working for an international company would be an asset.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Drive and enthusiasm to pursue identified business development targets and see through to successful commercial conclusion;
- Ability to match technological solutions to commercial needs;
- Ability to demonstrate progress towards established targets and metrics;
- Excellent language skills in English and Mandarin, both written and oral;
- Superior organizational and coordination skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, displaying tact, diplomacy, and professionalism;
- Ability to meet deadlines and to pay constant attention to detail;
- Computer skills in Microsoft office products;
- Ability to prioritize own workload and take initiative;
- Problem solving skills and flexibility;
- Ability to work collaboratively and contribute as a valuable team member;
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information or information of a sensitive nature.
Communicates well while possessing active-listening skills, being able to facilitate interactive discussion and maintain positive interpersonal relations
A desire to identify and serve colleagues and clients, focusing efforts on discovering and meeting their needs
Identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking timely and appropriate action
Conducts self and work with uncompromising integrity and loyalty appropriate to the position
|Planning, Organizing, Coordinating||
Proactively plans at a high level, establishes priorities and allocates resources appropriately, monitors and adjusts work to accomplish goals
|Problem Solving and Decision-Making||
Ability to analyze and define a problem, evaluate alternatives, find a solution, understand how and when to make a choice
Knows what outcomes are required and focuses self and those being managed on delivering the results
Works well as a member of a multicultural, inter-disciplinary team, collaborating with other departments to ensure a high performance integrated business team
Ability to manage competing priorities effectively, to be resourceful and to use time as a resource to make up or extend