Representing the Canadian forest industry in China, the Canada Wood Group (CWG) in partnership with FII China has been instrumental in the successful first phase of the strategy to introduce wood frame construction to the Chinese market and significantly increase the volume of lumber exported. CWG and FII China will be entering the next phase of their China Strategy to build on opportunities that will further increase the value of the wood exported.
Key to the success of CWG and FII China going forward will be their collective ability to collaborate and work in unison as the China Enterprise, to implement a strategic plan that aligns Canada’s forest industry objectives, targets, and strengths with Chinese government policy and commercial activity.
Purpose of Position:
The Coordinator, Communications & Events provides support to the Director, China Communications and the Support Services team, facilitating cross communications, providing scheduling and logistics, planning and hosting special events, writing and translation services, tracking and logging media coverage, conducting internet research, and general administrative support as required.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communications, Marketing & Event Support:
- Attends meetings, takes notes on key points and provides translation as necessary;
- Arranges meetings, coordinates attendees, handles logistics and equipment as required;
- Composes, edits and prepares letters, reports, PowerPoint presentations, corporate reports, material preparations, etc. providing translation as necessary;
- Prepares materials and handouts for meetings, training programs or events as required and manages the photo library;
- Provides support in implementation and event management as directed, planning and hosting of special events;
- Provides administrative support in the coordination of missions and tours, which may include assisting with the development of itineraries; booking travel; accommodations; organizing tours; seminars, dinners and other activities;
- Prepares and monitors budgets, obtains quotes for individual projects and prepares detailed budgets and schedules for communications and events;
- Where appropriate, initiates competitive Requests for Proposals or Requests for Qualifications from suppliers;
- Receives and coordinates proposals, organizes selection meetings and coordinates with finance & admin for drafting of contract terms;
- Monitors media coverage and cataloguing;
- Carries out background research into assigned subjects and reports findings and options and provides translation as necessary;
- Liaises with clients, suppliers and others as appropriate;
- Updates and maintains the program deliverables database in Excel on a regular basis;
- Provides assistance on ad hoc projects as required;
- Assists in maintaining the Customer Relationship Management System (CRMS) database of contacts as required;
- Compiles and files expense reports, setting up files as required ensuring they are complete and in compliance with corporate policy;
- Other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of an undergraduate degree or professional certificate in a related field plus 5 years’ experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience managing sensitive issues with tact, diplomacy and good judgment;
- Previous experience in marketing, communications or event management;
- Previous experience providing translation services;
- Experience in project management would be an asset;
- Experience working for an international company would be an asset.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Drive, enthusiasm and organization skills to plan and implement events through to successful completion;
- Excellent language skills in English and Mandarin, both written and oral;
- Superior organizational and coordination skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, displaying tact, diplomacy, and professionalism;
- Ability to meet deadlines and to pay constant attention to detail;
- Computer skills in Microsoft office products;
- Ability to prioritize own workload and take initiative;
- Problem solving skills and flexibility;
- Ability to work collaboratively and contribute as a valuable team member;
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information or information of a sensitive nature.
Communicates well while possessing active-listening skills, being able to facilitate interactive discussion and maintain positive interpersonal relations
Identifying a problem, obstacle or opportunity and taking timely and appropriate action
Conducts self and work with uncompromising integrity and loyalty appropriate to the position
|Planning, Organizing, Coordinating||
Proactively plans at a high level, establishes priorities and allocates resources appropriately, monitors and adjusts work to accomplish goals
|Problem Solving and Decision-Making||
Ability to analyze and define a problem, evaluate alternatives, find a solution, understand how and when to make a choice
Knows what outcomes are required and focuses self and those being managed on delivering the results
Works well as a member of a multicultural, inter-disciplinary team, collaborating with other departments to ensure a high performance integrated business team
Ability to manage competing priorities effectively, to be resourceful and to use time as a resource to make up or extend