Competition Number: 2015-LES-SHNGI-034
Position Title: Common Services Assistant, LE-05, Shanghai (Anticipatory Staffing)
Closing Date: 2015.8.9
Starting Annual Gross Salary: Approx. 123,240 RMB (before tax and employee social insurance contributions; 13th month bonus and employer social insurance contributions are paid on top of the gross salary; salary is non-negotiable)
Area of Selection:
This position is open to external applicants residing in China and employees occupying an indeterminate or term position in China Missions who meet all of the essential qualifications and whose applications are received by the closing date.
Short-listed candidates should be able to participate in tests and/or interviews in Shanghai at own expense. The successful candidate will be required to relocate to Shanghai at own expense.
This competition is Anticipatory Staffing to create an eligibility list for potential indeterminate, term and emergency vacancies that may arise within this domain.
The Common Services Assistant provides daily administrative support and services; provides and creates information and/or documentation; provides support for ongoing program activities; responds to service requests from clientele and performs other duties as required.
The Common Services Assistant also supports regional focus of grogram by supporting administrative interactions and proactively cooperating with regional offices relating to normal job duties.
- University degree, OR an acceptable equivalent through the combination of education and work experience
- Proficiency in English (reading, writing, speaking)
- Proficiency in Mandarin (reading, writing and speaking)
- Recent experience with general administrative duties
- Recent experience with client service
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to perform well in a demanding office environment
- Adaptability and Flexibility – Willingly alters normal courses of action
- Client Focus – Takes personal responsibilities for correcting client problems
- Effectiveness / Achievement Orientation – Finds innovative way to improve performance
- Effective Interactive Communication – Checks understanding and clarity
- Judgement – Applies sound judgement when analysing problems or situations
- Teamwork and Cooperation – Express positive attitudes and expectations of team or team members
Preferred standing may be given to those candidates who also meet the following:
- Proficiency in French (reading, writing and speaking)
- Previous work experience at a foreign Mission, Embassy or Consulate
- Knowledge of financial system SAP
Conditions of Employment
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid working authorization in China. Per Chinese regulations, the Embassy / Consulates can only facilitate working visas for Canadian citizens.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid “Reliability Status” security clearance.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime on short notice as required;
- Able to travel domestically and internationally as required
How to Apply:
We are seeking high quality written applications to establish a shortlist for further testing. Your application must include an Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae in English or French.
Your Application Letter should indicate why you meet the mandatory requirements on the following aspects:
- Area of Selection
Your Application Letter should also discuss your qualifications on:
- Experience with general administrative duties
- Experience with client service
- Previous work experience at a foreign Mission, Embassy or Consulate (asset)
Send application to email@example.com.
Please indicate your full name, the competition number and position title in the subject line: “Your full name – Competition Number – Position Title”.
Please be advised that incomplete applications will not be considered.
An eligibility list may be established from this process to staff potential vacancies that may arise within this domain on indeterminate, term or Emergency basis.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those invited to further assessment will be contacted. Please ensure that you provide appropriate contact information so that you can be easily reached (e-mail, phone, mobile, etc.)
Detailed Position Description is available at firstname.lastname@example.org upon request.
The Government of Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds irrespective of race, color, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
The Government of Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise us in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.