Marketing and Communications Officer
Shanghai | Dulwich College Shanghai Puxi | Professional Support Services
Dulwich College Shanghai Puxi believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success and that contributions should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary responsibilities but not limit the employee nor Dulwich College Shanghai Puxi to only the work identified. It is the expectation of the school that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our organization.
Department Marketing and Communications
Job Title Marketing and Communications Officer
Reporting to Director of Marketing and Communications with report functions to
Marketing and Communications Supervisor
Objectives The Marketing and Communications Officer works closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications, and the Marketing and Communications Supervisor, to execute the College strategic marketing plans and communications plans with a view to enhancing the College community, and driving growth of families who share the College Values, in order to achieve agreed admissions targets.
Professional image and conduct are key requirements, as is a commitment to modelling and following the College Values; Work Hard. Aim High. Be Kind and Respectful. Make a Difference.
The Marketing and Communications Officer must be able to work effectively in a timely and autonomous manner and engage with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to maintain the reputation of the College throughout Shanghai and beyond.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Execute the actions and objectives of the annual strategic marketing plan.
• Assist the Marketing and Communications Supervisor in conducting market research and analysis.
• Collect, draft, layout and publish content to the College’s social media accounts.
• Follow up on marketing, communications and event related payment procedures and paperwork.
• Maintain positive relationships with key media and liaise with them in the execution of the College media plan, assisting with the timely publishing of articles, advertorials, press releases etc.
• Assist in the delivery of effective digital marketing campaigns
• Assist in monitoring, tracking and reporting on social activity, key marketing and communications metrics, and media coverage
• Assist in tracking budget spending and ROI on marketing and communications spend.
• Build rapport and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including academic and non-academic staff, students and parents.
• Provide support on key school events, and actively seek new events and opportunities for students and staff.
• Act as a brand custodian for the College, ensuring a consistent and appropriate brand image is presented at all times.
• Take high quality photographs of College events and activities.
• Translate College communications and other content where required.
• Work with external vendors of videography and photography where required, ensuring consistency in the representation of the College.
• Adopt a whole-school approach to ensure a cohesive and positive College environment.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & RESPONSIBILITIES
|THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
• Fluent in written and spoken English and Mandarin
• Able to translate and write copy in Chinese
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise
• Strong knowledge of MS Office suite
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• Understanding of graphic design, layout and typography
• Experience of managing and maintaining the Wechat backend platform
• Reliable, organised and proactive team player with a positive disposition
• Ability to work long hours, and to tight deadlines
• Uphold the College Values at all times
Dulwich College International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices, which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.