CanCham Events Manager
Join the dynamic team of CanCham and get a thriving career among the Shanghai business community!
The Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai (CanCham Shanghai) is the organizational representation of the Canadian business community in eastern China. With a large mandate, we host events, organize government receptions, put together trade delegations, and provide every-day corporate assistance to member organizations that are navigating their way through the Canada-China economic relationship – be that Canadian corporate expansion to China or Chinese outreach to Canada.
CanCham Shanghai’s Events Manager leads the event team on a wide range of events and projects. The Events Manager reports to the Deputy Director and works closely with the Departments of Membership and Marketing, and is supported by the Events Coordinator and interns.
Responsibilities of the Events Manager shall be, but not limited to, the following:
- Create events calendar and budget for the Chamber in consultation with the Deputy Director;
- Initiate and organize business and social events with goal of educating and servicing CanCham Members;
- Manage and coordinate relationships with outside parties, including other Chambers of Commerce, government entities, etc., liaise with suppliers, venues, talents, sponsors and partners; keeping in mind the Members’ best interests;
- Maintain and develop current committee activities to create value for Members;
- Develop potential new events and identify ways of enhancing events;
- Meet yearly budget objectives as well as create and control budgets for specific events;
- Recruit interns and/or volunteers when required;
- Develop and meet execution timelines;
- Work with Marketing Manager for the media and promotion of events;
- Coordinate events onsite and execute per the Chamber’s standards;
Other duties include but aren’t limited to:
- Create communications materials including proposals, presentations and notices;
- Service partners, sponsors and clients;
- Negotiate for venues, services, products and goods;
- Manage interns.
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field；
- A minimum of 2 years experience in similar position or duties；
- Good understanding of office administration, processes & procedures, and interrelationships;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and capacity to adapt to various situations;
- Self-starter and sense of ownership;
- Interpersonal skills (ex: good telephone manners, works well with team members);
- Ability to prioritize and manage various tasks in an efficient manner;
- Near native level bilingual skills in English and Chinese at a are a must, French is a plus!
- Flexibility in work hours including extra-hours;
- Documentation and computer skills.
- Any other requirements as to comply with China’s current working Visa policy
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 16th