Canada Wood is seeking a Manager, Research & Metrics based in Shanghai, Pudong, beginning July 2015. The Canada Wood Group (CWG) represents the Canadian forest industry in China. Working in partnership with Forestry Innovation Investment (FII) from the province of British Columbia, they have been instrumental in increasing the volume of lumber exported to China and are entering the next phase of their strategic plan to further increase the value of exports.
Key Responsibilities: This is a new position. The Manager will work collaboratively across departments to determine research and information needs and conceive plans to meet these needs. The Manager will identify suitable subcontractors and manage these research contracts through to project completion. The Manager will have overall responsibility to develop, coordinate and track performance metrics for each business unit and provide reports on progress for stakeholders.
Research and Analysis:
- Coordinate with other departments and Canadian stakeholders to determine research priorities, identify scope, including secondary research and research design and develop a research work plan which outlines priorities, projects, audiences, timelines, cost, and responsibility;
- Design qualitative and quantitative research plans as appropriate for each project, selecting the most appropriate research methodology and techniques;
- Plan, coordinate and execute assigned in-house research projects;
- Recruit and direct research contractors and agencies;
- Analyze research and write reports summarizing key findings and making related recommendations;
- Track project progress and report regularly to the management team;
- Participate in the development of a performance management framework and reporting requirements, taking the lead in coordinating performance management measures and targets;
- Assist in establishing targets and evaluation criteria and monitor trends and progress towards established goals and objectives;
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration or relevant field of study and at least five years of related work experience; OR a Master’s degree in a relevant field of study and at least three years of related work experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience in survey design, execution and analysis and other standard research methodologies;
- Experience in identifying and managing research vendors;
- Experience working in construction, real estate, architecture or forestry is an asset.
- Experience establishing and tracking organizational metrics and measures is an asset;
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Proficiency in English and Mandarin, both written and oral;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism;
- Productive in team work setting;
- Communication skills include corporate copy writing, written translations and ability to create images, graphs and charts.
- Experience dealing with foreign enterprises in China;
- Ability to work independently on projects, prioritize own workload and work responsibly;
To apply for this position, please send resume (CV) along with a photograph to email@example.com before June 23rd 2015.