The Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai (CanChamShanghai) is the organizational representation of the Canadian business community in eastern China. With a large mandate we host events, organize government receptions, put together trade delegations, and provide every-day corporate assistance to member organizations that are navigating their way through the Canada-China economic relationship – be that Canadian corporate expansion to China or Chinese outreach to Canada.
- Develop your professional & interpersonal skills in a booming international business landscape;
- Acquire key business insights & knowledge at various seminars & events;
- Connect with high profile business leaders;
- Work in premium facilities located in the heart of metropolitian Shanghai. Enjoy the sophistication and traditional Shanghai heritage at the same time;
- Work in a small team & have the opportunity to be involved in activities from all Chamber departments.
The business engagement manager works closely with membership manager, and both are under the membership department. Together with the marketing and events department, the BEM reports to the Executive Director of the Chamber and its senior level staff.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Representing CanCham Shanghai at various Canadian and Chinese Government events and exhibitions, and other events;
- Implementing and maintaining successful membership services programs to ensure membership retention and growth;
- Record-keeping activities and the coordination of timely receipts of accounts receivables;
- Ensure all membership-related documentation as well as databases are kept up to date;
- Assisting in the creation of Chamber events and publications;
- Two-way translation between English and Chinese;
- Occasional business development initiatives to develop/maintain member relations;
- An university degree with a focus on international relations or business related fields;
- Native speaker in Mandarin and fluent in English, with strong written and oral skills, French language skills a plus;
- Computer literacy with working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database management;
- Strong project, organizational and time-management skills, willing to take initiative;
- Experience with local and international social media sites preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills & ability to work independently but also work closely with other team members;
- Excellent problem solving skills and capacity to adapt to various situations;
- Ability to handle multiple projects, organize work and set priorities;
- Ability to embrace tight deadlines, competing priorities, and budget restraints.
Send your CV to email@example.com