The Canadian Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai is looking for a qualified intern to join our marketing and communications department. Our department produces content geared towards the Canadian business and expat community in Shanghai, as well as Chinese community members who are interested in or are currently doing business with Canada, including event marketing, content-rich articles, newsletters, and press releases.
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment where they will be given the opportunity to do some supervised, hands on projects, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of marketing and communications.
- Assist in the creation of signage, graphics, email campaigns, online event promotion, articles, etc. in Chinese and English
- Assist with fulfillment of marketing commitments to Chamber’s Corporate and Government Members
- Assist with logistics of marketing materials for events
- Assist with execution of events
- Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
- CRM system management
- Provide support to social media efforts (Both Chinese and English)
- Assist in website management and track IT issues
- Assist in improving SEO protocols for Chinese search engines
The Canadian Chamber of Commerce is looking for an undergraduate or graduate student who is based in Shanghai during the internship period (Summer or Fall 2016) and is studying in or has spent significant time in Canada. This person should have excellent written and verbal skills in both Chinese and English. Further, this person should have a good understanding of popular English and Chinese social media platforms in China. Experience with Wechat Official Accounts is a bonus. Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc) is expected.
Marketing, Sales, Advertising, Computer Science, Information Systems, Language
Please email email@example.com if you wish to apply for this position.