British Columbia Trade and Investment Office – Shanghai
British Columbia Trade and Investment Office (BCTIO) in Shanghai is the main
international representative under the Government of British Columbia, Canada in East China. Under our Ministry of International Trade, we promote British Columbia as an ideal destination for trade, investment, education and research and development in North America. Through our network of 13 sister offices around the world of which 4 are located in China (Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Hong Kong) we work to showcase and promote British Columbia by providing various forms of commercial assistance. Since our inception we have facilitated many BC – China business relationships and it is our objective to continually promote the long term economic potential of investing in British Columbia for Chinese investors and enterprises while facilitating access to China’s vast market potential for BC based firms. For more information about us please visit our web site www.britishcolumia.ca.
We are now seeking motivated qualified candidates to fill a Program Assistant position based in Shanghai. The Program Assistant role will support the office administrative and program needs of BCTIO East China while delivering on various key annual projects and events.
Program Assistant Main Responsibilities:
- Office Reception and co-ordination of office telecommunication, accounting and
- Support in meetings and conference calls with note taking, translation and
general facilitation of communication; drafting English meeting memos, reports.
- Assist the Director in managing the day-to-day operational requirements of the
- Support China program activities and events in East China region including event
co-ordination, logistic & hotel arrangement and on-site assistance;
- Maintain client database and conduct desk research as required; and
- Support the BCTIO East China office delivery of services to Canadian and Chinese
- Recent University graduate in economics, international trade or business with
strong communication (written and oral) skills;
- Outgoing and proactive engaging personality;
- Proficient in all office software and basic bookkeeping skills;
- Native level fluency and communication skills in Mandarin and English; and
- Currently based in Shanghai with work/life/study experience in Canada and/or
East China region a plus.
Candidates interested in this role should send their CV and a brief cover letter in the
email body (Attention: Hiring Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the
email subject heading as “Program Assistant – [YOUR FULL NAME]” by 3 June, 2016.
Candidates will be reviewed and interviewed on an ongoing basis.